Sunday, July 24, 2011

Reflection from Jordan Parker

From June 10- July 10 Jordan Parker, a rising Freshman at Southern Mississippi University, spent a month serving with Ubuntu Sports Outreach.  Here is his reflection on his time with us.
Climbing Table Mountain
Hanging with the Princes was amazing but what is to be expected? Nothing less than what I experienced. To see how much the Academy boys have been influenced already and how much they look up to Casey is so inspiring to see. Not only did I get the privilege to help out and even receive the title of coach but I also learned a lot from these 13 year old rascals. They taught me that possessions and money don't equal happiness. Some of the boys come from very rough backgrounds but they are genuinely happy and always a joy to be around. They are not wrapped up in possessions. Also, the boys in the Academy accepted me to the team very quickly. This was very comforting because I wasn't sure how quick they would accept me. They didn't care about what I have done for others. 
Hanging on for dear life!
If you have just the slightest passion or desire to serve and the love for soccer you should consider Ubuntu Sports Outreach. It was hard to see my month cone to an end.  It went by so quickly and am not quite ready to leave. The relationships that have been built in such a short amount of time is amazing. As they say in Ocean view, it's not goodbye it's just see you later, which is true because I have every intention in going back! 
Jordan Parker


Jordan sharing about his experience with Ubuntu @ FITS

No comments:

Post a Comment